ENERGY EFFICIENT GLAZING HELPS REDUCE YOUR CARBON FOOTPRINT AND YOUR ENERGY BILLS.
What are the benefits of energy efficient windows?
• More comfortable home: energy efficient glazing reduces heat loss through windows
• Peace and quiet: as well as keeping the heat in, energy efficient windows insulate your home against external noise.
How does energy efficient glazing work?
Double glazed windows have two sheets of glass with a gap in between, usually about 16mm, to create an insulating barrier that keeps heat in. This is sometimes filled with gas. Triple glazed windows have three sheets of glass. Both offer excellent energy efficiency and security but the triple glazed window is slightly more superior.
What are windows made from?
Energy efficient windows come in a range of frame materials and styles. Our windows come in UPVC or Aluminium and in a range of designs from Modern White or Grey Aluminium to Traditional Rosewood or Timber Effect.
All our frames and are windows are available in all energy ratings with A-rated glass options.
• uPVC frames last a long time and may be recycled.
• Wooden frames can have a lower environmental impact, but require maintenance. They are often used in conservation areas where the original windows had timber frames.
• Aluminium or steel frames are slim and long-lasting, and may be recycled.
• Composite frames have an inner timber frame covered with aluminium or plastic. This reduces the need for maintenance and keeps the frame weather-proof.
When you are investing in new windows it’s important to discuss with an expert the best options for your home and decide what are the most effective windows for you within your budget. Our experts will give you the information you need to get the absolute most from your investment.